top of page

Employer sponsored visas


Non-Australians are given lots of employment opportunities in Australia. Skills that are in short supply in Australia are provided by non Australian citizens from around the world. If you are one of the Non-Australians with a specific skills, contact us to see if you can migrate temporarily or permanently to Australia under one of the following  visas:

Permanent Visas:

The main options for a business to sponsor permanent skilled workers are through the ENS and RSMS. The visas are for skilled workers from outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who live and work in Australia.


1. Employer Nominated Scheme Visas (ENS)-Subclass 186


ENS provides Australian Employers with the opportunity to nominate highly skilled people ( from overseas or temporary residents in Australia) for permanent entry to fill vacancies for which a suitable Australian candidate could not be found.


​2. Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)-Subclass 187


This visa offers an opportunity for employers in regional and low population growth areas to recruit applicants from overseas to fill full-time, skilled vacancies.



Under each of these two categories there are now three streams- the Temporary Transition Stream and the Direct Entry Stream.

  • The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years and their employer wants to offer them a permanent position.
  • The Direct Entry stream is for people who have never, or only briefly, worked in the Australian labour market.
  • The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labour or regional migration agreement that has been tailored and negotiated with the government.

Temporary Employment Visas:

1. Employer Business (Long Stay) Visa - Subclass 457

This visa allows businesses to recruit skilled staff from overseas on a temporary basis. It is designed to fill shortages that cannot be met from the local labour market.  Large number of applications are made annually through this scheme annually. The applicants have the opportunities to then move on to permanent residency applications.


2. Working Holiday Visa- subclass 417

This visa allows young people, from 18 to 30 yrs age, from certain countries to have an extented holiday, supplemented by short term employment, in Australia with special focus on regional areas.

Applicants, who undertake specified work in regional Australia while holding a  first Working Holiday visa, may be eligible for a second Working Holiday visa.


3. Religious Worker Visas

This visa is for applicants who will be full time religious workers in Australia


bottom of page