General Skilled Migration (GSM)
GSM represents a large stream of permanent migration to Australia. No employer sponsorship is required for this visa. GSM is based on a points tested system. Applicants are required to score a minimum of 60 points to be eligible to apply for GSM. Potential applicants are required to first lodge an Expression of interest (EOI) through Skill Select to the department of immigration and Citizenship. The applicant may then be invited to make an application for a visa if they appear to satisfy the criteria.
In general all applicants for a General Skilled Migration visa need to be able to meet the following criteria.
- Submit an Expression of Interest.
- Have an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list.
- Have a suitable skills assessment for that occupation.
- Be less than 50 years of age when the invitation is issued.
- Meet the English language requirement.
- Have completed a skills assessment.
- Be able to score at least 60 on the points test.
Contact Lucky Dodo for more information regarding the following GSM visas.
- Subclass 189 Skilled Independent Visa (Permanent).
- Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Visa (Permanent).
- Subclass 489 Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional).
Skilled Graduate Visa-subclass 485 and 476
These two visa subclasses are not points tested. They allow recent graduates who require additional time to qualify to lodge an EOI through skill select. The visas allow students, after their graduation, to satisfy skills assessment and Australian work experience requirements.